Fibre Channel (SAN)

Occasional Contributor

What configuration steps are needed for HP 8/24 port interconnect?

I am converting some C class enclosures to 8GB connectivity using Brocade 8/24 port Interconnects. I have set switch to "default = no access" and named switch. also provided a static IP and changed the domain ID to a unique value (100).

What other steps do I need to preform before connecting this switch into the existing production fabric? We are running a redundant SAN fabric, with each fabric composed of 4100 (HP 4/32 SAN Branded) and 5100 (HP 8/40 SAN Branded) switches.

Regards,

Louis

Regular Contributor

Re: What configuration steps are needed for HP 8/24 port interconnect?

Hi, you could also make sure the fabric.ops are same. See output of configshow|grep -i fabric.ops

Perhaps you want to upgrade firmware\fabric OS too.

Occasional Contributor

Re: What configuration steps are needed for HP 8/24 port interconnect?

Duh!!! Everything you indicated was set correctly, Thanks for the help. What I didn't remember was to set default zone mode to "full access", vs. "no access". Took awhile to track that one down. Once I disabled switch, changed default zoning to full access, double check settings and enabled switch, the new switch showed up into fabric.

Regards,

Louis

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.

vADC is now Pulse Secure
Download FREE NVMe eBook