Fibre Channel (SAN)

Occasional Contributor

Virtual WWN not showing up on switch

Hi all.

We're using a HP 8/24 switch (Brocade with 6.4.0b firmware) connected to a c7000 enclosure. We updated the Virtual Connect firmware to 3.51 and now we've defined our SAN fabric. We set VC to use it's own WWNs (virtual WWN) but they're not showing up when we look at the switch. NPIV is on on all ports as we have other modules connected that work through the switch. The FC modules are HP 8GB 20-port with 1.43 firmware.

If I look on VC, it shows the uplink port WWN as logged-in and set at 8gb but looking at the server port, speed is 0GB and it has a status of not-logged-in.

Any ideas?

Valued Contributor

Re: Virtual WWN not showing up on switch

Is it just one blade thats not logged in?

Has the bay (for that blade) been assigned to a "FC SAN name"?

Does the OA for that particulair bay state "Configured for Virtual Connect" were the label reads "Virtual Connect Configured" under "Diagnostic Information"?

Occasional Contributor

Is it just one blade thats not logged in?

Yes we only have one blade in at the moment. We tried another one it also doesn't work.

Has the bay (for that blade) been assigned to a "FC SAN name"?

Yes.

Does the OA for that particulair bay state "Configured for Virtual Connect" were the label reads "Virtual Connect Configured" under "Diagnostic Information"?

Yes

Valued Contributor

Although unlike a problem I came across recently, it may be worth a try to trip the E-fuse and or reassign  (or recreate) the profile.

I'll take it the Mezz. card is an 8Gb one, as it's set to 8Gb, but what happens when its set to 4Gb?

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.

vADC is now Pulse Secure
Download FREE NVMe eBook