Fibre Channel (SAN)

New Contributor

Virtual Fabric Interop

Evening,

We have an existing Brocade environment made up of 4900s and a 12000.  We have purchased two (2) DCXs and two (2) DCX-4Ss as an upgrade/replacement.  As part of the upgrade, we'd like to activate the virtual fabric functionality of the DCXs and DCX-4Ss.  I've looked over the release notes and other documentation that I can find, and so far I see no reason that the DCXs and DCX-4Ss will NOT interop with the 4900s and 12000 with virtual fabrics enabled.

Anyone have any comments on virtual fabric interop here?  The 4900s are at versions of 6.2, the 12000 is at 5.0.5f, and the DCXs and DCX-4Ss are at 6.2.1.

Thanks in advance.

Will S.

External Moderator

Re: Virtual Fabric Interop

Backward Compatibility
Switches that are not VF-capable can connect to any Logical Switch in a single Logical Fabric. This includes 2 and 4 Gbit/sec B-Series platforms and all M-EOS switches running in either McDATA Fabric or McDATA Open mode. Simply adding one or more VF-capable switches to an existing environment brings all the benefits of Virtual Fabrics and does not require replacing or reconfiguring existing switches.

TechHelp24
External Moderator

Re: Virtual Fabric Interop

If you are satisfied with the responses please mark as 'Answered'.

If not, just let me know I can see to get more info.

I would appreciated if you rate the threads.

Thanks!

TechHelp24

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.

vADC is now Pulse Secure
Download FREE NVMe eBook