Fibre Channel (SAN)

New Contributor

Upgrading firmware - Silkworm 3250

I've read several posts on this board about upgrading firmware but I still have some questions:

1) I can't seem to find links to download Fabric OS upgrades anywhere on Brocade's site. We purchased two of these switches from DELL/EMC when we bought our CX300. I've looked on their websites as well and can't find any updates there either. I have seen the firmware on Sun's website, but are the Fabric OS patches vendor specific? Can I install the ones from Sun?

2) We are at version 4.2.2. Are the upgrades cumulative or do I have to install every revision sequentially?

3) How are they generally installed? Telnet? Web interface?

4) Lastly, the main reason we're installing these patches is because we keep coming up with vulnerabilities in the Apache web server on these switches. Are the web servers upgraded as part of the Fabric OS patches as well?

I'm sure these are all easy answers, I'm new to patching Silkworms.

Thanks,

Dennis

Frequent Contributor

Re: Upgrading firmware - Silkworm 3250

Hi Dennis

>1) I can't seem to find links to download Fabric OS upgrades anywhere on Brocade's site. We purchased two of these switches from DELL/EMC >when we bought our CX300. I've looked on their websites as well and can't find any updates there either. I have seen the firmware on Sun's website, >but are the Fabric OS patches vendor specific? Can I install the ones from Sun?

You need to ask your local Systems Engineer to obtain the Brocade FABOS for you , (that's been how I've obtained them over the years)

>We are at version 4.2.2. Are the upgrades cumulative or do I have to install every revision sequentially?

That's quite a old FABOS so to be safe I would follow the documentation on the upgrade path (just to be sure) it will be a pain , but will be worth it once its done

>How are they generally installed? Telnet? Web interface?

You can do them via FTP or via the Webtools which ever takes your fancy.

>4) Lastly, the main reason we're installing these patches is because we keep coming up with vulnerabilities in the Apache web server on these >switches. Are the web servers upgraded as part of the Fabric OS patches as well?

From seeing the process in the FABOS upgrade it will upgrade the apache web server for you.

Good luck

David

New Contributor

Re: Upgrading firmware - Silkworm 3250

Thanks!

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.

vADC is now Pulse Secure
Download FREE NVMe eBook