Fibre Channel (SAN)

New Contributor

Upgrading Brocade Switches

Hi Guys, I have to upgrade my brocade switches and i see two upgrade paths as below: 1. For Open Systems environments already running FOS v6.4.2a: FOS v6.4.2a → FOS v7.0.2c/d/e → FOS v7.1.1a/b/c* → FOS 7.2.1a/b/c/d 2. Upgrade path to Brocade FOS v6.4.2a or FOS v7.2.0d for FICON environments: FOS v6.1.2 → FOS v6.2.0e_upgrade → FOS v6.3.0d → FOS v6.4.2a → FOS v7.0.0d* → FOS v7.1.0c* → FOS v7.2.1d* → FOS v7.3.0b So one is for open system environment and other is for ficon. I do not which one i should be doing.
Broadcom Moderator

Re: Upgrading Brocade Switches

[ Edited ]

Hello,

What version is currently installed on your switches and what is your target version? 7.4x?

Can you provide your switch model?

Ficon path is used if you are running IBM mainframe, is it the case?

Any and all information provided by me is not reviewed, approved or endorsed by Brocade and is provided solely as a convenience for Brocade customers. All systems and all networks are different and unique. If you have a service affecting network problem, please open a TAC service request for service through Brocade, or through your OEM equipment provider. If this provided you with a solution to this issue, please mark it with the button at the bottom "Accept as solution"
New Contributor

The switch version is IBM 2498/ brocade 300.

Current version is 6.4.2a. We do not have IBM Mainframe.

These are just ESXi and storage connection.

New Contributor

I am looking to install 7.4x version on the switches.

New Contributor

And also mate

1. what is the procedure to upgrade

2. and upgrade path from 6.4.2a to 7.4x

Highlighted
Broadcom Moderator

The recommended target path is:

7.0.2e

7.1.1c

7.2.1g

7.3.1e

7.4.1e

Before upgrade, check the concerned release notes.

The code upgrade can be done with firmwaredownload command, you will need an FTP server which will allow the switches to download concerned versions.

Any and all information provided by me is not reviewed, approved or endorsed by Brocade and is provided solely as a convenience for Brocade customers. All systems and all networks are different and unique. If you have a service affecting network problem, please open a TAC service request for service through Brocade, or through your OEM equipment provider. If this provided you with a solution to this issue, please mark it with the button at the bottom "Accept as solution"

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.

vADC is now Pulse Secure
Download FREE NVMe eBook