02-18-2010 12:02 PM
I am purchasing new SFPs with an upgrade license for my 200e Fabric switch.
The Brocade reseller has told me that I will not be able to get the license myself - they have to download it for me and are going to charge $100's extra to do this!
Also they are suggesting that if I put the SFPs into the switch the warranty could be affected. What?!!
I have a couple of questions:
1) Am I not able to download licenses myself?
2) Will the warranty be void if I do the installation and upgrade of the license on a 200e switch?
3) To enable the upgrade's support do I have to do this online somewhere?
02-18-2010 12:51 PM
The SFPs are the same as I already have 4 Gb SFPs from same manufacturer. Not sure what you mean.
I have now been told that I can install the SFPs myself, but they are still going to charge $250 extra to download the upgrade license. I am just trying to find a way to bypass the reseller to get the licenses directly to myself.
Brocade sales don't answer the phone and don't return my emails or phone calls.
Is this normal with Brocade? If it is, this is that last purchase I'll be making of their equipment.
02-18-2010 06:13 PM
Sounds like your getting the round around abit with your reseller. It should be as simple as this to get a license & sfps.
1. Send your WWN's of your switches to your partner or vendor ( I've done this both directly with the Vendor and a partner)
2. Wait for your nice package to arrive with SFP's and licenses for each switch.
3. Login like "Techhelp" has mentioned to activate the licenses online.
4. Copy the activation key , and then thrown that number into your switches.
5. Plug in your new SFP's ( by yourself) enable the ports. (If you need help with this let me know and I'll give you a step by step walk through on this process)
6. All done.