Fibre Channel (SAN)

New Contributor

Upgraded Switches to 6.1.1x - Member Selection Missing other switches

We have just upgraded switches on two fabrics within our environment to 6.1.1x and following this upgrade I notice that whilst all switches within the same fabric appear in the Fabric Tree within the main webtools page, and also visible in the NameServer page - when you go into Zone Admin and expand the Member selection under "Ports and Attached Devices" there is only the entry for the switch that you are logged onto.

Previously on version 6.0x and 5.x firmware it was possible to see all Domain ID's of the switches within that fabric and you could carry out all zoning operations on the principal switch for example and create aliases for all attached devices from a single switch within each fabric.  The omission of the other switches in each fabric would mean having to log onto each switch now to carry out this operation.

Does anyone know whether this behaviour was changed in version 6.1.1.x or if we have an issue with the firmware upgrade ?

Kind regards,

Mike

External Moderator

Re: Upgraded Switches to 6.1.1x - Member Selection Missing other switches

Mike

i have here more switch in the same Fabric with different FOS release beetwen 5.0 and 5.3 and diverse 6 Release and can see all alias and zone from all switches without any issue.

I assume you have aconfig mismatch. can you see with nsshow and with fabricshow all device in the fabric 

TechHelp24
New Contributor

Did you find a solution to your problem? I am also experiencing this issue.

New Contributor

Hi,

Brocade have moved the ability to drill down to all switches in the fabric from 6.1.x on a single switch and built it into the zoning and switch management functionality within DCFM, hence you can only see the ports on the switch you log into and select aliases to add into a zone etc from that particular switch.

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.