Fibre Channel (SAN)

Occasional Contributor

Upgrade

Hi I need to upgrade the fabic os from v5.2.1 to v6.5. Is the a quicker way then step up?

Upgrade

Super Contributor

Re: Upgrade

Hi dmathis.  Here's a caption from the FOS Release Notes that summarizes your options.  Also, there is no such thing as FOS 6.5, so these notes come from v6.4.

FOS Upgrades and Downgrades

Non-disruptively upgrading to Fabric OS v6.4 is only allowed from Fabric OS v6.3. This policy to support only one-level non-disruptive migration, which began with FOS v6.0.0, provides more reliable and robust migrations for customers. By having fewer major changes in internal databases, configurations, and subsystems, the system is able to perform the upgrade more efficiently, taking less time and ensuring a truly seamless and non-disruptive process for the fabric. The one-release migration policy also reduces the large number of upgrade/downgrade permutations that must be tested, allowing Brocade to spend more effort ensuring the supported migration paths are thoroughly and completely verified.

Disruptive upgrades to Fabric OS 6.4 are allowed and supported from FOS 6.2 and 6.3 (up to a two-level migration).

Regards,

Mike Eversole
Brocade Community Manager
Occasional Contributor

I have a  brocade ds-300b that is currently running v5.2. Can I upgrade directly fabric OS V5.2 to v6.0?

External Moderator

Brocade 300 was introduced with FOS 6.1, most probable you have Brocade 200.

About Upgrade:

--->>>Can I upgrade directly fabric OS V5.2 to v6.0?

The answer is NO!. you must first Upgrade from current 5.2 to 5.3.x and the to 6.0.x

begin FOS 6.x see Official Brocade Upgrade Target-Path

http://community.brocade.com/servlet/JiveServlet/previewBody/3133-102-1-7525/2013_FOS-Target-Path_GA-TB-447-01_032513_FINAL.pdf

BTW, if you have as I assuming Brocade 200E, is supported till latest FOS release 6.2.2f. No other release are available for 200E.

TechHelp24

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.