Fibre Channel (SAN)

Occasional Contributor

Upgrade firmware to 8.1.0a - Firmware download failed - Out of disk space. (0x24) + GUI not available

Hello,

this morning I just updated 2 Lenovo Flex System FC5022 switches from 7.4.0b to 8.0.1 without any problem.

Then, when upgrading to 8.1.0a I had two different problems :

- On the first switch the upgrade went well but now I have no more access via the https GUI. Any clue of what to do ?

- On the second switch, it's impossible to upgrade, I have the following error message when uploading the firmware :

Firmware download failed - Out of disk space. (0x24)

I tried to do this :

supportsave -R
cleanup

but the upgrade has always the same issue.

Can you help me please ?

Many thanx in advance.

DPRM

Brocade Moderator

Re: Upgrade firmware to 8.1.0a - Firmware download failed - Out of disk space. (0x24) + GUI not available

Hi,

you can check the partitions / compact flash utilisation with the df command. What does it say?

And you tried run command cleanup under root already, right?

You can also check the /var/log or /var/log/messages directories for possible big files.

ls -l /var/log

For the one with Webtools no longer works, have you tried hareboot via CLI? Do you get anything "switch like" back when trying the IP address or is it just unresponsive?

TL

If this provided you with a solution to this issue, please mark it with the button at the bottom "Accept as solution".

Any and all information provided by me is not reviewed, approved or endorsed by Brocade and is provided solely as a convenience for Brocade customers. All systems and all networks are different and unique. If you have a service affecting network problem, please open a TAC service request for service through Brocade, or through your OEM equipment provider.
Occasional Contributor

Re: Upgrade firmware to 8.1.0a - Firmware download failed - Out of disk space. (0x24) + GUI not available

Hello,

thank you for your help. The first problem is solved. I was loging with the admin account and did not have the "df" command. Therefore I was able to free up space and update the system to 8.1.0a

Now the second problem is here on my 2 switches. I have no more GUI on my 2 switched. The web browser is telling the page cannot be displayed. I am wondering if it's not an SSL problem but I find it strange because the GUI was working in 8.0.1... Do you know if I have to activate something new with this version ?

Anyway, thank you for your help.

DPRM

Brocade Moderator

Hi,

no there shouldn't be anything to enable, not that I am aware of.

Can you please "hareboot" one of the switches (non-disruptive) and try again. Could give some conclusions.

The df command needs to be done under root.

TL

If this provided you with a solution to this issue, please mark it with the button at the bottom "Accept as solution".

Any and all information provided by me is not reviewed, approved or endorsed by Brocade and is provided solely as a convenience for Brocade customers. All systems and all networks are different and unique. If you have a service affecting network problem, please open a TAC service request for service through Brocade, or through your OEM equipment provider.
Occasional Contributor

Sorry, I forgot to mention it but I tried hareboot on the first swicth and it did not resolve the issue...

DPRM

Brocade Moderator

hmm,

can you check if something changed in the ipfilters on this switch?

TL

Occasional Contributor

Hello,

thank you for your answer. Here is the result of the ipfilter command :

FC5022-1:root> ipfilter --show

Name: default_ipv4, Type: ipv4, State: active
Rule    Source IP                               Protocol   Dest Port   Action
1     any                                            tcp       22     permit
2     any                                            tcp       23       deny
3     any                                            tcp       80       deny
4     any                                            tcp      443     permit
5     any                                            udp      161     permit
6     any                                            udp      123     permit
7     any                                            tcp      600 - 1023     permit
8     any                                            udp      600 - 1023     permit

Name: default_ipv6, Type: ipv6, State: active
Rule    Source IP                               Protocol   Dest Port   Action
1     any                                            tcp       22     permit
2     any                                            tcp       23       deny
3     any                                            tcp       80       deny
4     any                                            tcp      443     permit
5     any                                            udp      161     permit
6     any                                            udp      123     permit
7     any                                            tcp      600 - 1023     permit
8     any                                            udp      600 - 1023     permit

Everything looks allright.

DPRM

Brocade Moderator

so http is blocked.

Are you trying via http or https?

TL

Occasional Contributor

Hello,

I try with https.

Regards.

DPRM

External Moderator

@DPRM

to you question, realted to GUI http / https unreachable:

I've made by several Customer the experience in the past, - when Blade Switch are unreachable after FOS upgrade - the issue is realted itself to

Firmware out-of-date from BladeCenter Chassis Management Controller.

In few words, the chassis Management Interface cannot communicate with the Blade Switch.

I would suggest to check if the FW is up-to-date and compatible with the FOS.

TechHelp24

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.