Fibre Channel (SAN)

New Contributor

Upgrade Fabric OS version

I currently have two EMC DS-4100B's (Brocade 4100) that were purchased used.

They are running 5.0.1d and have the issue of rebooting every couple weeks.

I am trying to find firmware (Fabric OS) downloads, but EMC says I need to contact Brocade since they were used.

Brocade says I need an active maint agreement to get access to the downloads, but they don't support used equipment so I can not get a maint agreement.

So my question is can I use this download:

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareIndex.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodNameId=454521&prodTypeId=12169&prodSeriesId=454522&swLang=8&taskId=135&swEnvOID=54

and use the HP StorageWorks 4/32 firmware files on this equip??

And if I can, is it ok to upgrade directly from 5.0.1d to 6.2.0b??  Or do I need some internediate steps??

Thanks

Paul

External Moderator

Re: Upgrade Fabric OS version

--->>> Brocade says I need an active maint agreement to get access to the downloads, but they don't support used equipment so I can not get a maint agreement.

The 4100 is EOL, but i think ( not 100% sure ) you can Purchase a Support Main.Contract. Ask Please you Provider or reseller into you Region.

--->>>...is it ok to upgrade directly from 5.0.1d to 6.2.0b??  Or do I need some internediate steps??

NO! Your must Upgrade with intermediate release.

TechHelp24
New Contributor

Unfortunately, no I can not purchase a support agreement due to obtaiing this hardware used originally.

Neither EMC or Brocade will sell me maintenance so I can get access to firmware.

External Moderator

If any Product is EOA = End of Availability, is correct that you can not longer Purchase Spare Part and/or Maintenance Contract.

I'am not sure if is the 4100 EOA.

TechHelp24

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.

vADC is now Pulse Secure
Download FREE NVMe eBook