Fibre Channel (SAN)

Contributor

Unable To Change Interop Mode On Brocade 5100B From 2 To 0

Hello All

Sub : Unable To Change Interop Mode On Brocade 5100B From 2 To 0

User is unable to merge Brocade DS-5100B with Cisco blade switch 9124E, Firmware on Brocade switch is 6.3.1a & Firmware on Cisco switch is 3.2.2c. I did check the interop matrix found that the firmware version running on the cisco switch is needs to be upgraded to be compatible, hence suggested firmware upgrade on cisco. User did upgrade the firmware on cisco and now is trying to merge, but unable to. I did find that the Interop mode on Brocade is set to 2, hence did suggest to change the interop mode to 0, also to change the interop mode on Cisco to be 3 and then try to merge, Now when customer tries to change the Interop mode on Brocade from 2 to 0 the following error is encountered ' Failed To Clear Defzone Mode '. Please suggest/advise what can be done to resolve this issue.

I understand that the process of changing the interop mode is going to be disruptive on Brocade.

I did find the following solution, but was wondering if this is right to do.

1 > Disable Switch

2 > Run cfgclear

3 > Set Interop Mode

4 > Enable Switch

Then try to merge.

Please advise, Awaiting your response, and wishing you a very nice day.

Thanks

Chetan

rangarao_chetan@emc.com

Super Contributor

Re: Unable To Change Interop Mode On Brocade 5100B From 2 To 0

Who had advised you to merge Cisco with Brocade? Cisco or Brocade? Who is ur vendor. Now that vendor can only resolve the issue.

Inter Op mode should be 2 in Brocade.

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.

vADC is now Pulse Secure
Download FREE NVMe eBook