Fibre Channel (SAN)

New Contributor

The server is inaccessible or firmware path is invalid. Please make sure the server name or IP address, the user/password and the firmware path are valid

Hi all, i just got the new 300 SAN Switches and i was looking at this doc to upgrade my firmaware

Computers-it. Upgrading the fabric OS of a Brocade SAN switch

but i get

The server is inaccessible or firmware path is invalid. Please make sure the server name or IP address, the user/password and the firmware path are valid

here is my login setup

IP                            10.15.15.xxx - same subnet as the switch

User name               username

password                 password

Protocol type            FTP

Firmware path          v6.3.2e/release.plist

i get the same error via command line/putty

ummm, what? when i try ftp manually via filezilla client for example, it works perfect...

let me know if i missed something

thanks!

Regular Contributor

Re: The server is inaccessible or firmware path is invalid. Please make sure the server name or IP address, the user/password and the firmware path are valid

Hi,

perhaps your ftp-server has some logs that you can look at and see what is happening?

Perhaps it says path not found.

Did you try /v6.3.2e or other paths without the release.plist? Make sure a folder called v6.3.2e is available in the root of the ftp-account you're connecting with. Firewalls etc may also hinder this process.

The Fabric OS Administrator's Guide has a section about maintaining firmware.

New Contributor

Re: The server is inaccessible or firmware path is invalid. Please make sure the server name or IP address, the user/password and the firmware path are valid

good idea, once i looked at the ftp logs it became clear that the switch is reading the correct file that points the switch to another location, so now i understand how this works. thanks!

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.

vADC is now Pulse Secure
Download FREE NVMe eBook