Fibre Channel (SAN)

Occasional Contributor

The report file encryption and compression phase of the SAN Health Check process is very slow.

When running the SAN Health Check utility (SAN Health Version 3.2.7b) on windows 7 the scan is fairly quick but the encryption and compression phase of the report generation is painfully slow. Are there any optimization configurations on either Windows 7 OS or the SAN Health utility to speed up that part of the process?

Regular Contributor

Re: The report file encryption and compression phase of the SAN Health Check process is very slow.

Define painfully slow.

Have you already upgraded sanhealth.

On my system (i5 4GB w7 pro) with 7 fabrics and 16 switches in the set scanning takes about 7 mins or so (also slow WAN lines).

The encryption and compression phase is like 20 seconds.

Might be aided by the SSD though.

Occasional Contributor

Re: The report file encryption and compression phase of the SAN Health Check process is very slow.

5 mintes for scan / data retrieval for (2) DCFM and (2 - 4) 5100s on a site.

20 - 25 minutes for encryption / encryption phase.

Regular Contributor

So did you upgrade snahealth?

how about your system specs?

how big is the generated file that gets sent.

Occasional Contributor

SAN Health utility was downloaded and installed a few days ago version 3.2.7b so to my knowledge is the latest version and nothing to update.

Windows 7 64 bit SP1

4 GB memory

(2) 2.59 GHz CPU

I am not certain of the size of the raw data set but the resulting report zip file is 2mb to 4mb in size. We directly upload the raw data file to Brocade over https for processing (which takes a second or two) so i dont have a local copy of the raw data. I will try saving a raw data copy next run to check on size. Is there anything besides text data in the raw data and resulting upload file?  Even large text data set should set should compress and encrypt fairly quickly (at least it seems to me).

Regular Contributor

Hmm don't have an answer for you i guess.

I have a similar results sip file 2mb, and the only difference looks like it's the ssd.

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.

vADC is now Pulse Secure
Download FREE NVMe eBook