Fibre Channel (SAN)

New Contributor
Accepted Solution

The SNMP destination table is full on the switch error

Hello,

BNA 14.0.1 reports "The SNMP destination table is full on the switch" error on almost all switches. As I know there could be up to 6 syslog remote servers configured on switches, in my case it is only 2. Any suggestion how to resolve these errors repots in BNA?

Thanks in advance.

Brocade Moderator

Re: The SNMP destination table is full on the switch error

Hi,

the BNA message is refering to SNMP trap receipients, not syslog servers.

as with syslog destination BNA tries to set itself as a SNMP Trap receipient but the maximum amount is already reached.

So checking your SNMP settings on traps should do the trick.

TL

If this provided you with a solution to this issue, please mark it with the button at the bottom "Accept as solution".

Any and all information provided by me is not reviewed, approved or endorsed by Brocade and is provided solely as a convenience for Brocade customers. All systems and all networks are different and unique. If you have a service affecting network problem, please open a TAC service request for service through Brocade, or through your OEM equipment provider.
New Contributor

In my snmpv3 trap configuration recipient is set BNA server. The same configuration like on others switches with no errors reports in BNA.

Brocade Moderator

Hi again,

did you compare the output from a "working" switch with one where the message is reported agains?

snmpconfig --show snmpv3

And does the output match to how you configured snmp in the fabric discovery setup?

TL

If this provided you with a solution to this issue, please mark it with the button at the bottom "Accept as solution".

Any and all information provided by me is not reviewed, approved or endorsed by Brocade and is provided solely as a convenience for Brocade customers. All systems and all networks are different and unique. If you have a service affecting network problem, please open a TAC service request for service through Brocade, or through your OEM equipment provider.

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.