Fibre Channel (SAN)

Highlighted
Contributor

Sync Replication Setup

Hi Friends,

We have a small environment with 2 * 5300 Brocade switches and 1 IBM storage in a DC and its DR setup has similar presence of Switches and storage. Now I have been assigned a task to setup Sync replication on the IBM storage. I have never done this before, can someone please suggest in details what all are required and how to setup?

Thanks in Advance!!!

Brocade Moderator

Re: Sync Replication Setup

Hello DattaSai,

so from a fabric or switch perspective the only thing which needs to be configured is correct zoning for the device ports which should communicate with each other. The rest should be configuration within the IBM storage.

TL

If this provided you with a solution to this issue, please mark it with the button at the bottom "Accept as solution".

Any and all information provided by me is not reviewed, approved or endorsed by Brocade and is provided solely as a convenience for Brocade customers. All systems and all networks are different and unique. If you have a service affecting network problem, please open a TAC service request for service through Brocade, or through your OEM equipment provider.
Contributor

Thanks Thomas. The problem here is the 2 fabric networks are distance apart around 30kms. So I believe there is a need for a router, isnt? So I am not sure of that router part. Can you please advise?
Brocade Moderator

With that distance I assume you have some kind of DWDM solution between sites in place? Or dark fiber between sites?

If this provided you with a solution to this issue, please mark it with the button at the bottom "Accept as solution".

Any and all information provided by me is not reviewed, approved or endorsed by Brocade and is provided solely as a convenience for Brocade customers. All systems and all networks are different and unique. If you have a service affecting network problem, please open a TAC service request for service through Brocade, or through your OEM equipment provider.
Contributor

I am not pretty sure as we still haven't received those details from client.I will get back with those details soon Thomas. What are these dark fiber? Are they direct connectivity of FC cables between sites?
Brocade Moderator

Yes a dark fibre is simply a dedicated fibre connection between sites end to end with nothing in between.

Contributor

Thanks Thomas. I will come back with further details.

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.