Fibre Channel (SAN)

Contributor

Switch setup for FCIP traffic

Hi,

I am trying to setup two DCX 4S with Fx8-24 blades for FCIP traffic. Got a couple of questions about the switch setup.  The chassis are VF enabled so the only swithes are default switches with FID128.  I enabled the FCR using fosconfig --enable fcr on both the switches. When I run the switchshow command, I see that the FC Router shows up as OFF. Do I need to have this ON for it to work with FCIP and if so, how would I enable this.  Also, will the FID of 128 allow both the default switches to merge the fabrics over VR ports ?  My main concern is about the FC Router services which I assume needs to be on for FCIP to work but I am not sure how I can get it to turn on. I had thought that enabling FCR would turn this on too but so far, it show off. Here is what I have.

FID128:admin> fosconfig --show

FC Routing service:             enabled

iSCSI service:                  Service not supported on this Platform

iSNS client service:            Service not supported on this Platform

Virtual Fabric:                 enabled

Switchshow :

FC Router:      OFF

Allow XISL Use: OFF

LS Attributes: 

Any thoughts.

External Moderator

Re: Switch setup for FCIP traffic

FC Router is set to/as OFF, when no other EDGE FC-FC Routing Switch is connect and no Routing - EX_Port - is formed.

And I assuming you have at the moment nothing configured, correct ?

2th, if you want to use the FX8-24 for FCIP you need a FCIP/FC License, and create a Tunnel/Circuit.

all this have nothing to do basically with FC-FC Router

TechHelp24
Contributor

Re: Switch setup for FCIP traffic

Thank you. We are not doing FC-FC routing so we are good.

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.

vADC is now Pulse Secure
Download FREE NVMe eBook