Switch did not come up after power outager

I have a customer who had a power outage

They have 2 switches of the tupe below

1 of the switches came back up after the power was restored

The other switch did not come up, customer had to puill the power cable

B 300

HP StorageWorks 8/24 SAN Switch

v7.3.1a

In the logs i cannot see anything logged fior the power outage, and no related events logged prior to the outage

Wi can only see that the switch is booting up adfter the cvable has been re-seated

2017/06/17-07:23:08:319078, [FW-5000], 2153/0, FID 128, INFO, SEBOXSANSW02, no license., alpa_agent.c, line: 819, comp:fwd, ltime:2017/06/17-07:23:08:318871

2017/06/19-07:42:56:723643, [CHS-5001], 2154/0, CHASSIS, INFO, Brocade300, Initialized the Chassis module., chassis_ent.c, line: 229, comp:insmod, ltime:2017/06/19-07:42:45:812767

2017/06/19-07:42:56:922065, [HAM-1004], 2155/781, CHASSIS, INFO, Brocade300, Processor rebooted - Reset., reboot.c, line: 112, comp:hamd, ltime:2017/06/19-07:42:52:191482

Any tip why the switch did not come back up ?

Brocade Moderator

Re: Switch did not come up after power outager

Hi Thomas,

do you have any thing in a BNA server monitoring the switch or a configured syslog server which could indicate why the switch did not boot up after the power outage? What was the state of the switch LEDS, and Power Supplies LED?

If this provided you with a solution to this issue, please mark it with the button at the bottom "Accept as solution".

Any and all information provided by me is not reviewed, approved or endorsed by Brocade and is provided solely as a convenience for Brocade customers. All systems and all networks are different and unique. If you have a service affecting network problem, please open a TAC service request for service through Brocade, or through your OEM equipment provider. If this provided you with a solution to this issue, please mark it with the button at the bottom "Accept as solution"
Occasional Contributor

Hi Martin

No Syslog server is configured, no BNA either

I was informed that tyhere were no leds at all 

Brocade Moderator

Hi Thomas,

not much to go one.  Could be that the PS locked up, but really hard to determine root cause fo this. Not enough information, I am sorry to say.

If this provided you with a solution to this issue, please mark it with the button at the bottom "Accept as solution".

Any and all information provided by me is not reviewed, approved or endorsed by Brocade and is provided solely as a convenience for Brocade customers. All systems and all networks are different and unique. If you have a service affecting network problem, please open a TAC service request for service through Brocade, or through your OEM equipment provider. If this provided you with a solution to this issue, please mark it with the button at the bottom "Accept as solution"
Brocade Moderator

Hi,

I agree with martin. It's really hard to tell what the power outage did to the power supplys in this case.

TL

Any and all information provided by me is not reviewed, approved or endorsed by Brocade and is provided solely as a convenience for Brocade customers. All systems and all networks are different and unique. If you have a service affecting network problem, please open a TAC service request for service through Brocade, or through your OEM equipment provider.

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.