Fibre Channel (SAN)

N/A

Switch Error Messages

Our W2K systems are dropping the connection to the disk array. They are connecting thru a Brocade 2800 switch which is ISL'd to another 2800 that is then connected to the disk array. I did see the following error message repeated several times in the event log for the switch.

Regular Contributor

Re: Switch Error Messages

This error message is saying that port 2 is changing 3 times/minute. I see this a LOT when we reboot a server. What kind of disk array is it? What version of Fabric OS are you running on your switches?

New Contributor

We seem to have the same error messages connecting a backup media server through a 3900 (f/w 4.1) to 4 LTO2 drives. We had some issues with the backups (failed) and I'm wondering if the connection is dropped for some reason while trying to use the drives. I tried to find the error message at the F/W 4.1 troubleshooting manual but there's no listing of it.

As Mr. rsigler mentioned that the port is loosing the online status at a rate higer than Fabric Watch threshold is set. One of the reason can be a frequent System reboot.loose SFP connection, Cable type, distance and number of patch panel connections between host and storage device can significantly degrade the signal quality.

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.

vADC is now Pulse Secure
Download FREE NVMe eBook