Fibre Channel (SAN)

New Contributor

Slow Performance

We have just implemented a new SAN environment in plan for future growth.

Regular Contributor

Re: Slow Performance

I'm not real familiar with Xiotech so I have a couple questions for you:Do you have Advanced Performance Monitoring on your switch? If so, what kind of throughput are you getting? What kind of fan ratio do you have for each disk port:server e.g. 4 servers per 1 disk port

Occasional Contributor

If you want to find out whether the switch is the bottleneck, then use the portperfshow command via telnet and you will be able to see the throughput per port.I doubt that it will be a switch bottleneck given the small config. Unless portperfshow tells you that a port is being throttled to 200mb/s, then you're bottleneck is likely at the storage level or less likely at the server level.

N/A

I use to work on the Xiotech and I know there were some tuning parameters that they recommend. I did find that these made a big difference. Have you tried these?Brian

New Contributor

Sorry so long to get back. It seem there is excessive amount of I/Os to and from the disk in the sans. we will need to add more drives to increse the spindle count to accommodate the amount of I/Os. Thanks to all that responded.

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.

vADC is now Pulse Secure
Download FREE NVMe eBook