Fibre Channel (SAN)

New Contributor

Silkworm 3850 to Juniper EX4200 No Sync

Hi,

I'm trying to connect a Brocade SIlkworm 3850 to a Juniper EX4200 but there seems to be a problemen with the speed. The Brocade sees the SFP but keeps saying there is no sync. I have set both devices on 1Gbit/s full duplex and auto negotiate but unfortunately no connection. I have tried this setup with the following SFP modules:

Juniper Network 740-011613 rev 01

Finisar FTRJ8519P1BNL

Also i tried to connect the Brocade to a Dell PowerConnect 5324 but there was also no sync.

Anyone now how to fix this?

Kind regards,

Lex

Brocade Moderator

Re: Silkworm 3850 to Juniper EX4200 No Sync

Hello,

Does those devices are running Fiber Channel?

Are you trying to connect the DELL and Juniper to Fiber Channel conections or Ethernet connections?

Any and all information provided by me is not reviewed, approved or endorsed by Brocade and is provided solely as a convenience for Brocade customers. All systems and all networks are different and unique. If you have a service affecting network problem, please open a TAC service request for service through Brocade, or through your OEM equipment provider. If this provided you with a solution to this issue, please mark it with the button at the bottom "Accept as solution"
New Contributor

Hi,

Thanks for the reply,

Yes both devices are running Fiber Channel. I am trying to connect the Brocade to the Juniper through Fiber connections. The juniper has a 4x1GbE SFP+ uplink module.

Brocade Moderator

[ Edited ]

Hello,

Juniper EX4200 has only Ethernet connection, isn't it?

Brocade 3850 is FC (Fiber Channel) not Ethernet.

It has Ethernet port but only for management.

Both are using fiber for the connection but not the same protocol.

Any and all information provided by me is not reviewed, approved or endorsed by Brocade and is provided solely as a convenience for Brocade customers. All systems and all networks are different and unique. If you have a service affecting network problem, please open a TAC service request for service through Brocade, or through your OEM equipment provider. If this provided you with a solution to this issue, please mark it with the button at the bottom "Accept as solution"

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.

Download FREE NVMe eBook