Fibre Channel (SAN)

New Contributor

Silkworm 3200 Password Recovery Firmware

Hi All,

I purchased an used 3200 switch from ebay but the switch wasnt reset to the factory defaults. Unfortunately now i dont have the password for root. I found a document where in i can reset the password using a password recovery firmware from Brocade. Any ideas where i can download/get the firmware. I do not have a support contract as this is a used switch i have purchased. What are my options ?

I would be very grateful for any pointers.

Thanks a lot,

Shivram

External Moderator

Re: Silkworm 3200 Password Recovery Firmware

scsupport,

2xxx Series and 3200 / 3800 Switch without root Password can only be resetted by Brocade Support.

You need here a special Procedure and Answer file from Brocade.

Not other way is available.

TechHelp24

TechHelp24
New Contributor

Techhelp24,

Thanks for the response. I found this document on the web "FOS v2.6.1/3.1/4.1 Users & Boot Password Recovery1.2" which lists the password recovery procedure for FabricOS 3.1 which the version running on the switch (firmware version 3.1.1a). As per the document i need a password recovery firmware file from Brocade support based on my switch serial number. What is the correct procedure to obtain this firmware file. Do i need a support contract for this. I dont have one and probably cannot afford one. Please give your advice.

External Moderator

scsupport,

i know this document.

This document said the same as already said into my last answer, you need a special file from Brocade to reset a password.

Yes, your need a valid support contract to obtain this. Any support contract for this Old switch don't make sense, apart from it 2xxx, 3200 and 3800 Switches

are End of Life, for this Switch Series are Support contract not longer available.

Whit other word and to make a longer story short, you must replace the switch.

TechHelp24

TechHelp24

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.

Download FREE NVMe eBook