Fibre Channel (SAN)

Silkworm 200e switch upgrade process and path

I blindly inherited management of a pair of Silkworm 200e fibre channel switchs with hosts plugged into both for failover I presume.

Neither has been updated since 2007.  Each are Rev. A04 and are running Kernal 2.4.19, FOS v5.2.2 and BootProm 4.5.3.

Question 1:  What is the most current, STABLE FOS release that will run on these switches?

Question 2:  Can I upgrade directly to the latest FOS or are there intermediate FOSs I need to upgrade to?

Question 3:  Not having any experience with FOS, what is the safest way to upgrade each ensuring a successful upgrade?  Any command references to look at would be awesome.

Broadcom Moderator

Re: Silkworm 200e switch upgrade process and path

This switch is End Of Life and End Of Service for long time now.

Also latest FOS are not compatible and latest FOS for this product is End of Availability.

My recommendation will be to stay at the curent version if the environment is stable and no particular need or defect resolution.

Any and all information provided by me is not reviewed, approved or endorsed by Brocade and is provided solely as a convenience for Brocade customers. All systems and all networks are different and unique. If you have a service affecting network problem, please open a TAC service request for service through Brocade, or through your OEM equipment provider. If this provided you with a solution to this issue, please mark it with the button at the bottom "Accept as solution"

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.