Fibre Channel (SAN)

Segmented, Zone Conflict

[ Edited ]

Hi!

I've got Huawei E9000 chassis with blades and cx912 with SAN switch inside and I've got IBM SAN 768B2 connected to storage. CX912 see all blades, IBM SAN 768B2 see storage, but I can't to connect the switches. Ports on both switches is E-type, status online, but Additional info Segmented, Zone Conflict. License Full Fabric to CX912 has been installed. Please help. 

Brocade Moderator

Re: Segmented, Zone Conflict

Hi,

if you have no visible zoning configuration (cfgactvshow CLI give empty output) on CX912 blade switch, then you should check the setting of the default zoning, e.g. compare the output from the command 'defzone --show' run on both switches, below examples show No access defined.

switch:admin> defzone --show
Default Zone Access Mode
committed - No Access
transaction - No Transaction

For example if the IBM SAN 768B2, shows all access and CX912 show no access, then you can run the following command on the IBM SAN 768B2 to set it to no access (the cfgsave is required to commit the change):

ibmsan:admin> defzone --noaccess
ibmsan:admin> cfgsave
ibmsan:admin> defzone --show
Default Zone Access Mode
committed - No Access
transaction - No Transaction

The default access mode is not visible in cfgshow and friends.

If this provided you with a solution to this issue, please mark it with the button at the bottom "Accept as solution".

Any and all information provided by me is not reviewed, approved or endorsed by Brocade and is provided solely as a convenience for Brocade customers. All systems and all networks are different and unique. If you have a service affecting network problem, please open a TAC service request for service through Brocade, or through your OEM equipment provider. If this provided you with a solution to this issue, please mark it with the button at the bottom "Accept as solution"

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.