Fibre Channel (SAN)

Occasional Contributor

SMI-S, Brocade Switches and ACLs....

Does anyone have any idea how I can get the Brocade SMI-S agent working when a Brocade Switch (300, 5000, 5100, 5300) has had an ACL security configuration implemented?

1.  The host and switch can ping.

2.  The host with SMI-S does not have a lun attached so do I need to attach a lun?
3.  If I need to attach a lun to the SMI-S host, do the host WWNs need to be added to the ACL?

4.  When I try to log into the switch from SMI-S, I get the error code 4 but doesn't say what is causing it.  I cannot log into the switch from the SMI-S agent.

5.  SMI-S Agent version 120.9.0.

6.  There are no security settings enabled via the SMI-Agent and I am using HTTP not HTTPS to connect.  Only one or two of the switches in the fabric have ACLs but this is a principal/subordinate configuration with a total of 24 switches.  So, I think between the ISLs the ACL is blocking fabric connections.

7.  Does the SMI-S agent use just ethernet to monitor the switch or is it a combination of http connections and F/C connections?

I'm not an expert with SMI-S so I am trying to figure out what I need to do.

PS:  Switches are running FOS 6.4.2a

Thanks for your help in advance!

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.

vADC is now Pulse Secure
Download FREE NVMe eBook