Fibre Channel (SAN)

Occasional Contributor

SLKWRM/CONTRX 300 Upgrade paths and Support dates?

Hi there,

I have recently been asked to look after 6 Brocade Switches, which from their model details at logging in are SLKWRM300's and CONTRX300's which I am thinking may be 2 of the same thing?

I have been trying to find out if these are still supported pieces of kit?  Can anyone let me know?

Also they are on different versions,  3 of the 6 are on v6.4.3e and the other 3 are v7.1.1b.  PLease can someone let me know the upgrade path for these?  I am assuming you can only have software for upgrades if you have a valid support contract, hence me wanting to first find out if the are still supported!

Many thanks! 

Valued Contributor

Re: SLKWRM/CONTRX 300 Upgrade paths and Support dates?

you're right, these switches seem to be the same model: Brocade 300. you can double check this by comparing the "switchtype" field in the "switchshow" output. for Brocade 300, it should show 71.

yes, they are supported. i hope you pay your vendor for support :)

these devices can go up to the latest FOS version which is 7.3.x.

for a proper step-by-step upgrade path, google for the document called "Brocade FOS Target Path".
Occasional Contributor

Re: SLKWRM/CONTRX 300 Upgrade paths and Support dates?

HUGE thanks for this Alexey, that's great.

I have found the document and can see the upgrade path.  I am sure that I read somewhere that it was best practice to have all the Brocades running at the same version so this will need to be addressed soon too as well as other best practices, regular health checks etc, so as to keep them all running good :)

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.

vADC is now Pulse Secure
Download FREE NVMe eBook