Fibre Channel (SAN)

New Contributor

SAN Switch 300 power supply failed - any ideas?

I have a customer with a dead SAN Switch 300.  We suspect a failed power supply.  I have a new, replacement switch but rather than swap out a virgin, unconfigured switch I am wondering what others think about swapping the power supply from the new unit to the old unit.  Or, possibly swapping the memory card from the failed unit into the new unit.

The goal here is to preserve the customer's configuration and avoid reconfiguration.

Any thoughts?

There is another 300 switch on this SAN, would that config automatically populate to a new switch when added into the fabric?

It's been a while since I have had to work with a FC network.

Thanks in advance for any replies,

Dave

External Moderator

Re: SAN Switch 300 power supply failed - any ideas?

Dave,

you cannot move CF from One Switch to another due follow reason:

License Key are saved in CF, and the License are associate with Switch WWN Number.

-->>There is another 300 switch on this SAN, would that config automatically populate to a new switch when added into the fabric?

If the defective switch is member the same Fabric ( both switches was connected via ISL ) then yes, the config is saved in the second switch in the Fabric.

Brocade 300 usually don't have spare part, if the switch is under mainatenance then you have to open a RMA and replace the entire switch.

TechHelp24

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.