Fibre Channel (SAN)

New Contributor

Root, Factory, Admin Password for DS-300B is not working. To be

Hello Team,

I support Storage Infrastructure for a Customer. The "root & factory" passwords are not working for one of the SAN switches in our environment. The defualt password were changes in March 2016. The Customer had a maintenance contract with EMC/DELL for this SAN Switch (expired on 31st Dec'16) and there's no plan of getting it renewed in the near future. We couldn't reach for vendor's help.

SAN Switch Model : DS-300B

SAN Firmware Version : 7.4.1e

So, I would require your help in getting the passwords recovered.

Is there a procedure manual for doing it specifically on this model of Switch ?

We actually tried a procedure given in a brocade Site with the help of a person in our datacenter, but when the person rebooted the Switch he couldn't interpret the boot. He was facing keying issues. He actually tried pressing the "b" key to enter the boot mode but it didn't accept it and keeps booting up. He tried couple of times but

Steps which we followed as provided in Brocade Site,
1. Start a CLI session over the serial interface to the Brocade device.
2. Reboot the device.
3. While the system is booting, before the initial system prompt appears, enter "b" to enter the boot monitor mode.
4. Enter "no password" at the prompt.
5. Enter "boot system flash primary" at the prompt. This command causes the device to bypass the system password check.
6. After the console prompt reappears, assign a new password.

Please consider this as important as this is little urgent !

Thanks

Sasikumar M

+91-9176643585 (India Mobile#)

sasmanic@in.ibm.com

External Moderator

Re: Root, Factory, Admin Password for DS-300B is not working. To be

sasmanic@in.ibm.com

--->>>Customer had a maintenance contract with EMC/DELL for this SAN Switch

IBM have a dedicate Support group and should be able to assist you how to recovery the pwd.

however to be honest surprised me a bit...., I've newer hear that IBM support Equipment from thirds parts Vendor.

BTW,

--->>>Please consider this as important as this is little urgent !

keep in mind this is a community and not maintained directly from a Brocade Support.

TechHelp24
Brocade Moderator

Hi,

take a look at the following document in the community:

https://community.brocade.com/dtscp75322/attachments/dtscp75322/fibre/25305/1/53_1000114_02_FOS_Password_Recovery.pdf

If this provided you with a solution to this issue, please mark it with the button at the bottom "Accept as solution".

Any and all information provided by me is not reviewed, approved or endorsed by Brocade and is provided solely as a convenience for Brocade customers. All systems and all networks are different and unique. If you have a service affecting network problem, please open a TAC service request for service through Brocade, or through your OEM equipment provider. If this provided you with a solution to this issue, please mark it with the button at the bottom "Accept as solution"
New Contributor

Thakns for the doc Martin.. I'll try to work on it and keep you posted on the results sooner.

New Contributor

Hello Antonio,
We need to buy the contract with IBM but the Customer is not interested as of now.

Vendor can be different. Not necessarily only IBM should be.

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.