Fibre Channel (SAN)

Contributor

Reset admin password on 2027-140?

We have a 2027-140 SAN switch that we have no idea what the admin password is for it.  Is there a way to reset the password by using a console or otherwise? 

I also tried using the root ID but don't have that password either. 

Occasional Contributor

Re: Reset admin password on 2027-140?

There is a way to do it, but it involves obtaining the Boot PROM recovery password from your support (assuming you never had it). 

The process of getting access is described in FOS Admin Guide (search for "Setting the boot PROM password for a Backbone with a recovery string"). Your support organisation would also provide you with th exact procedure for resetting the passwords to default.

BR,

D.

External Moderator

if I remember correct, the 2027-140 is Old McDATA 6140 Enterprise Directors.

The switch is long time end of life and end of support.

dkosmac

-->>There is a way to do it, but it involves obtaining the Boot PROM recovery password from your support (assuming you never had it). 

-->>The process of getting access is described in FOS Admin Guide (search for "Setting the boot PROM password for a Backbone with a -->>recovery string"). Your support organisation would also provide you with th exact procedure for resetting the passwords to default.

This plattforms is not FOS based, so the FOS Password Procedure cannot be applied here.

TechHelp24
Contributor

I also believe the switch was end of service 12/31/2012 so was hoping it would be possible to reset this password somehow without involving support.

External Moderator

M6140 was end of service at February 28, 2014, but i think don't make any difference what for years.

FYI, here in the community are several Threads about McDATA Password Recovery, use here the search option.

TechHelp24
Occasional Contributor

Oh, my bad. Just quickly googled the product code and it seemed to me it's the 48000...

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.

vADC is now Pulse Secure
Download FREE NVMe eBook