Fibre Channel (SAN)

Contributor

Reconfigure IP address of McData ED140M require downtime?

Hi,

I want to reconfigure the IP address on McData ED140-M and change the naming of the switch, can that be done ONLINE?

Which mean no reboot is required to make the change successfully.

Thanks.

CS

Contributor

Re: Reconfigure IP address of McData ED140M require downtime?

IP addresses and the name can be changed without rebooting.

Cheers

Andy

Contributor

Hi Andy,

Thank you so much for your answer. Appreciated that..

Do you mind to share the cli for the change of IP and naming? or do you have any docs that I can refer?

Regards,

CS

Contributor

I'm assuming this an ED-6140 director....

There is not a lot of command lines for this product (that I know of), but the IP can be set though the serial port (11500,8,N,1 with a null modem cable). When you get the ">" prompt, type "password" (without the quotes), that should bring you to  a "C:>" (Ithink), you can now use the "ipconfig" command to set the IP's (Ex C:>  ipconfig 10.1.1.10 will just change the ip or ipconfig 10.1.1.10 255.0.0.0 10.1.1.100 will set the IP the subnet mask and the default gateway).

I don't know of a command line to change the name, but the webtools will allow you to change the name and the IP's. Once you know the IP of the 6140, just use a web browser and go to http:\\10.1.1.10 if you set the IP as exampled above. The default user name and password are "Administrator" and "password" without the quotes.

These items can be changed without rebooting....

Cheers

Andy

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.

vADC is now Pulse Secure
Download FREE NVMe eBook