Fibre Channel (SAN)

New Contributor

Problem with Brocade HBA 825

Hello...

Guys I do really need  some help. Few months ago our organization bought one Brocade 825 HBA and installed it on a HP DL-360 G7 server. This server will be direct attached to a HP StorageWorks MSA 2324fc through the dual controller that comes from factory with this storage (MSA 2324fc). I read the documentation, installed the appropiate Brocade driver on the HP DL360G7. The server is running with Windows Sever Enterprise 2003 R2 x64 edition Service Pack 2  with all the Windows Updates. The fiber patch cables are Ok. However, when I try to see the data in the direct attached storage, I cannot see any logical drive.

I am pretty sure that every drive in the storage is in a very good health condition.

I have spent a lot of time trying to figure out the problem and so far I have not had any luck . The interesting thing is that in the server's (HP DL360G7) host connectivity manager, both Brocade HBA's  port appear as though the brocade HBA ports were disconnected. AND THEY ARE NOT!!!!!!!  I have double check the fiber patch cord health, connection between the server and the storage and I am pretty sure they are OK. For testing purpose,  I have connected one 825 HBA port to the other 825 HBA port and they both enter in a "connected link state" in the host connectivity manager!!!!

Almost forgot.... I have tested the HBA controllers from the HP MSA2324fc and they are OK!!!!!!!!

I have attached two images from the

Can someone help me, please......?  I have tried a lot of things and have not successfully resolve this issue!!!!!!!

Thanks

Contributor

Re: Problem with Brocade HBA 825

Hello,

Currently Brocade HBA (BR-825) only supports P2P (Point-to-Point) mode, hence, direct connection or attached to an FC-AL (Fibre Channel Abritrated Loop) device such as HP MSA 2324fc will not work and it's indicated as "Link Down" in your Brocade HCM screenshots. I currently had the same HP array as yours.

So in order to see the MSA2312fc array's LUN's, both Brocade BR-825 and the MSA array need to connect to a Fibre Channel switch.

The next driver v3.1.0.0 will support FC-AL and it schedules to be released in Summer of 2012 (Jun - July) timeframe.

Please check the Brocade adapter driver download page at the given time:

http://www.brocade.com/services-support/drivers-downloads/adapters/index.page

New Contributor

Re: Problem with Brocade HBA 825

Thank you very much for your answer. I was worried about this HBA behavior!!!!

Thanks again.

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.

vADC is now Pulse Secure
Download FREE NVMe eBook