Fibre Channel (SAN)

N/A

Problem with Brocade 825 configuration

Hello,

Guys i realy need help. Few days ago our organization have bought two dell R610 servers with brocade 825 FC HBAs and Dell PowerVoult MD3600f Storage. 2 days of documentation reading i configured my HBA's both on 4Gb/s and both of them is connected and see the storage. Problem is that if i change files or folders on my storage from server1, server2 can't see the changes. I need to disable port with host connectivity manager and then enable it again. I spent all day reading but found nothing the interesting thing that server1's host connectivity manager HBA's port type shows NPORT and on the server2 host connectivity manager shows port type is P2P. Maybe it's the problem.

Can someone help me, please... ?  

Contributor

Re: Problem with Brocade 825 configuration

Andrius,

Please let me know which driver/OS version did you install for your Dell R610 servers? Also, did you configure the Dell PowerVault MD3600f Storage with or without the FC switch? I believed N-PORT is when you connected the FC adapter to a switch and P2P is without. Please contact me directly via my email: hvu@brocade.com and we can move forward with open a support ticket or troubleshooting via LiveMeeting or WebEx etc.

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.

vADC is now Pulse Secure
Download FREE NVMe eBook