Fibre Channel (SAN)

New Contributor

Problem Connecting Switches

I have a Brocade SilkWorm II and a Dell PowerVault 50F that I'm trying to connect together, but I get a segmented SAN. Here's what I see on the SilkWorm II:

Occasional Contributor

Re: Problem Connecting Switches

I don't think you have Fabric Manager (and its merge compatiblity check feature?), so try to check all the switch parameters manually - they must be compatible. And change this Domain 0 to something >=2 (because you have domain 1 on the second switch). I'm not sure what's the Brocade's nomenclature for PowerValuts, etc., but hope you're sure they're compatible with each other?!-Chrisl (bcfp)

New Contributor

I guess you have an ISL between port0 and port 5 on the powervault?You might have to look at the fabricos version so they are the same on the switches

N/A

INcompatible on an E port cna be many things. I don't think the domain issue is it. Are you sure the GBICS are the same (i.e. both shortwave) Also, is one switch a 2gb, and one a 1 GB, then the corepid values need to be 1 on both. Also, the switchrole vlaues of master nad principal is interesting. It may point to an OS incompatibility. Anyway - good luck

N/A

One time I saw "incompatible" was when I had one switch licensed for Extended Fabrics and the other was not...

Contributor

It can be :If you have the WebTools license on both switches, you should try to download the Fabric Manager Evaluation, it has a merge utility included, it will tell you what is wrong.

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.

vADC is now Pulse Secure
Download FREE NVMe eBook