Fibre Channel (SAN)

Occasional Contributor

Possibility of Brocade 7800 connection to MDS 9222i for FCIP setup

Hi Team,

I would like to setup FCIP link between two DC's for migrating data , in source we have Cisco MDS 9222i switches and in destination we have 7800 switches available with ge ports. 

Can you please let us know the possibility of connecting CISCO to Brocade for FCIP setup.

Thanks,

Bhanuchand

Frequent Contributor

Re: Possibility of Brocade 7800 connection to MDS 9222i for FCIP setup

I doubt that that could work. A 7800 is even incompatible to a 7500. Cisco's FCIP implementation is totally different than Brocade's implementations.

Occasional Contributor

Thanks for note Sir , 

I red somewhere that data transfer through WAN so it doesn't matter for source and destination switches in same model.

Configurations will be done as per vendor in both ends (Source switch + Destination switch). 

Will you able to suugest destination Cisco models I have to buy , source is MDS9222i switches so destination also should we have MDS 9222i switches.

Thanks,

Bhanu 

Frequent Contributor

You should check with your OEM SE. The MDS guides provide an interop list which shows what will work with which equipment and which setting you need.

Kind regards,
Erwin van Londen
Brocade Distinguished Architect
http://www.erwinvanlonden.net The Fibre Channel blog

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.

vADC is now Pulse Secure
Download FREE NVMe eBook