Fibre Channel (SAN)

Contributor

Phantom Zone

I am running a 48000 with FOS v6.4.0a and using webtools to manage zoning.  Today I went looking for a specific zone to modify it.  Opened Webtools, clicked on 'Zone Admin', went to the Zone tab, and clicked the drop-down zone list and could not find the zone I was looking for.  Clicked over to the 'Zone Config' tab to look at the 'Zone Config Members' list and the zone was not listed in the active configuration either.

Started to get a little nervous so I went to the server that relies on this zone to verify it still had its SAN connections.  The server was happy so I turned my focus back to the zone configuration on the director.  After checking and double-checking I still could not find the zone that I knew had to be active so I decided to print the 'Effective Zone Configuration'.  And there in the dialog box that pops up for the printout was my phantom zone.

Has anyone seen this or have any idea how to "unhide" this zone?

2011-03-23_184142.jpg

External Moderator

Re: Phantom Zone

From CLI, what is the "cfgshow" o/p  ?  Are here all Zone and Alias present in the active cfg ?

Use it DCFM ?

TechHelp24
Contributor

The cfgshow command only lists the "missing" zone under the effective configuration.  The aliases for the members of the "missing" zone are defined.

Do have DCFM installed, but only have the free version.  Believe the free version can only manage one director and when I installed it I pointed it at a different director than the one with this "missing" zone problem.  Was trying to figure out how to get it to point to this problem director, but have not been able to figure out how to change the director it is managing.  I have four 48000's, is there a way to use the free version of DCFM to manage more then one director?

External Moderator

--->>> I have four 48000's, is there a way to use the free version of DCFM to manage more then one director?

No it's not, or better to say is unknownn to me.

I Think your self have caused this mismatch configuration, because the Free DCFM Pro DB cannot manage different Switcht/Domain ID in the same Fabric and that caused that you have overwritten the One config with another One.

I would procede as follow, WITHOUT WARRANTY!

download the Enterprice DCFM Trial in order to manage and recovery the config, when all work fine, remove this TRIAL and continue to work with the standard Web-Tools and not with the DCFM Pro.

Another way is, to purchase a Full License of DCFM.

good luck.

TechHelp24

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.

vADC is now Pulse Secure
Download FREE NVMe eBook