Fibre Channel (SAN)

I11
New Contributor
Accepted Solution

Peer Zone Limits

Hello,

we are currently testing peer zones. I wonder if there are any size limits for the number of peer members or  principals within a peer zone?

Regards

Martin

Brocade Moderator

Re: Peer Zone Limits

Hi,

you do not mention which version of FOS your are testing 7.4, 8.0, or 8.x? I assume your mean normal Peer Zoning (and not Target Driven Zoning) - some notes I have

• The maximum number of Peer Zones is determined by the zone database size.
  • Within a single peer zone, members must be either all in (D,I) format or all in WWN format. Mixed (D,I) and WWN format in a single peer zone is not supported
  • Only switches with FOSv7.4.0/+ will enforce peer zoning rules. Switches with older FOS versions will treat the peer zones as regular zones
  • LSAN and QoS Peer Zoning are supported.
  • FOS v7.4 implementation of Peer Zoning follows the FC-GS-6 and FC-GS-7 standard.

I did not notice any indication of a limits for the number of principals.  For Target driven zoning limits per Admin Guide:

• The maximum number of devices allowed in a Target Driven Peer Zone, including a principal device is 255.
  • In Target Driven Peer Zones, devices are identified as WWN devices only
  • 1 principal member and up to 254 non-principal members.

If this provided you with a solution to this issue, please mark it with the button at the bottom "Accept as solution".

Any and all information provided by me is not reviewed, approved or endorsed by Brocade and is provided solely as a convenience for Brocade customers. All systems and all networks are different and unique. If you have a service affecting network problem, please open a TAC service request for service through Brocade, or through your OEM equipment provider. If this provided you with a solution to this issue, please mark it with the button at the bottom "Accept as solution"
I11
New Contributor

Re: Peer Zone Limits

Hi Martin,

thanks for your reply! We are using 7.4 and normal Peer Zoning.

Our intention is to create a Peer Zone with about 160 peer members and 3 principals.

Considering the limits for Target driven zoning this should be no problem.

Regards

Martin

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.