Fibre Channel (SAN)

Occasional Contributor

Not able to get any instance for Mcdata_switch class FROM Brocade SMI Agent for EOS Products v2.7

Hi

Hi

I am not able to get any instance  for Mcdata_switch class from Brocade SMI Agent for EOS Products v2.7. I tried it two way,

1. Connecting to switch directly from SMI Agent

2. Connecting to the EFCM manger  from SMI Agent

While installing the Brocade SMI Agent for EOS Products. It asked for two ways which mentioned above. I tried in both ways and enumerated Mcdata_switch class from CIMworkshop connecting to SMI Agent. I am not able to get any instances. But i am able to see two instances  of which i have added while installing

I also Configured Brocade SMI agent for Brocade switches. SMI Agent logs-in automatically to switch and  initilize the cache and i am getting the data perfectly from the Brocade switches.

I don't know how MCData SMI Agent work. How it logs-in to the switch or how it initilizes.

1. The user has to do anything so that SMIAgnet logs-on to switch to get the instances.

2. Connecting to one McData switch in the fabric is enough to get data from all the switches.

3. Or we need add every switch to MCData SMIAgent to get the data from the switches in the fabirc.

4. Which one is advantage - Connecting to the switch directly or Connecting to the EFCM from SMI Agent

5. Is EFCM is licenced? or All the users will have EFCM as mandatory to manage MCData switches?

6.  If EFCM is licences we can connect to switch directly?

Any help Much appreciated...

Naren

External Moderator

Re: Not able to get any instance for Mcdata_switch class FROM Brocade SMI Agent for EOS Products v2.7

Naren,

I don't know how MCData SMI Agent work. How it logs-in to the switch or how it initilizes.

1. The user has to do anything so that SMIAgnet logs-on to switch to get the instances.

2. Connecting to one McData switch in the fabric is enough to get data from all the switches.

3. Or we need add every switch to MCData SMIAgent to get the data from the switches in the fabirc.

4. Which one is advantage - Connecting to the switch directly or Connecting to the EFCM from SMI Agent

5. Is EFCM is licenced? or All the users will have EFCM as mandatory to manage MCData switches?

6.  If EFCM is licences we can connect to switch directly?

I do not understand what you want to ask here. But my question to you, you have a EFCM license?

TechHelp24

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.