Fibre Channel (SAN)

New Contributor

New Install, Help w/ Design & Implementation (newb)

I have limited SAN experience so be nice...   I work for a relatively small office and am setting up a SAN environment to use with a few VMware servers.  I have the following equipment, some of which is already in use.

(2) Brocade 200E Switches.  One has 16 ports active, one has 8 active.

(1) EMC AX150 Dual Processor.  This has dual processors, 2 fibre ports/ea processor.

(1) EMC AX4 Dual Processor.  This has dual processors also, 2 fibre ports/ea processor.

(3) Servers w/ dual Emulex HBAs.

As of today, I have the AX150 connected to ONE of the 200Es, using 1 fibre connection to each processor.  These are connected to ports 0 & 4 on the 200E.  The 3 servers are connected to the same 200E w/ 2 fibre connections/ea.  This was accomplished w/ an "out-of-the-box" config, only assigning an IP address to the switch.  The remaining config was done on the AX150/servers as I understand that!

I would like to have an environment where each device (AX150/AX4/servers) is connected to both switches for redundancy.  I would like the failure of a patch cord/processor/switch/HBA to NOT take the entire setup down.  I'm not sure where to start w/ the switch config.  I guess I need a SAN 101 as applied to my equipment!

ANY help is appreciated.

External Moderator

Re: New Install, Help w/ Design & Implementation (newb)

see follow Threads,

http://community.brocade.com/home/message/5607

or create a Visio sheet and Upload here.

I will provide to help to configure your SAN

TechHelp24

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.

vADC is now Pulse Secure
Download FREE NVMe eBook