Fibre Channel (SAN)

New Contributor

Network Advisor discovery problem

I'm curious if anyone has run into this before.  I'm getting the following error when trying to discover a new switch in Network Advisor.

java.security.cert.certificateexception: certificate does not conform to algorithm constraints.

This is happening on two different switches that we had to replace.  They are IBM FC5022 switches installed in an Enterprise Flex Chassis.  Functionally, I believe they are very similar to Brocade 6510s but are obviously a different form factor.  BOTH of the new switches are getting this same error.  They are each ISL'd to another switch.  I tried many various discovery methods in Network Advisor, but not of them worked.  I created a new user/password and that didn't work either.  I tried deleting the old fabric and added all of the switches one at a time prior to connecting the ISL and still had the same issue.  I tried using different SNMP options, but nothing helped. _ I can't find any Brocade doc that talks about this.  If anyone has ideas, please share!  Thanks!

Valued Contributor

Re: Network Advisor discovery problem

hi,

try resetting the snmpconfig in the switchs: snmpconfig --defaults snmpv3.

Highlighted
External Moderator

rick,

AFAIK, FC5022 cannot be discover as seed-switch, that mean you must discover the switch where the FC5022 is ISL.

Second, make sure the FC5022 IP is not behind by firewall.

TechHelp24
Contributor

Hi

from the FC5022 check "ipfilter --show" output to ensure tcp ports 23 and 80 are not denied for ipv4 or ipv6

cheers

Martin

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.

Download FREE NVMe eBook