Fibre Channel (SAN)

Occasional Contributor

Need a valid procedure for fabric watch Implementation

Hello Team,

I have a real concern about Fabric Watch configuration. I read some documentation, but without/never show how to really configure it. Few days ago, I have tried to configure the feature according to Fabric_Watch_Admin_Guide_v7, on my DCX-4S running FOS v6.2, I have tried to set Email Notification via Relay Host, DNS and so on.. When testing to sent some test email, the emails have been queued, never delivered.

I'm really discouraged by this configuration. I really want to know if someone did it? If it's really works (Fabric Watch) !!!?  If yes, where can I found a step-by-step document on how to configure or please guide me how to complete the fabric Watch configuration ?

Waiting your feedback,

External Moderator

Re: Need a valid procedure for fabric watch Implementation

when you get no email delivery, usually is this caused by missing or wrong Relay settings

Relay provide for email forwarding.

make sure you have set the correct DNS

TechHelp24
Contributor

Stef,

This document summarizes the procedure to configure fabric watch thresholds and alarms.

Occasional Contributor

Hi Jdaignea,

Thank you, I see that the document is SNMP related. I'll go through the document, and then give you a feedback.

For now, I need to configure notification emails, and this kind of document, but for email notification would be really great to use.

@TechHelp24, thx for your prompt reply, how to know that relay Host is not well configured ? do you have some scope of work on how to configure emails notification on Brocade Switch ?

External Moderator

"fwmailcfg" command.

for details refer Fabric Watch Administrator Guide and Command Reference Manuals

TechHelp24

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.