Fibre Channel (SAN)

New Contributor

Multiple Fabics to One Switch

I have a customer that has a brocade 48000 running fos 5.3.1b on each fabric and then he has a McData Sphereon 4500 that is ISLed to both 48000's.  Does the routing on the 48000 prevent this from being an issue?

Super Contributor

Re: Multiple Fabics to One Switch

Hi,

this will result in a single fabric and each switch can see each port if all requirements to merge the three fabrics are fulfilled.

Andreas

Valued Contributor

Perhaps, Topic starter does mentions routing in his post.

Should one of the ports used as ISL in fact be an EX port, the the fabrics will not merge.

One fabricwcould be present in the other fabric as Front Domain.

If devices are shared between the fabrics the Translate Domains and LSAN zoning should be visible aswell.

External Moderator

The question is:

=========================================

I have a customer that has a brocade 48000 running fos 5.3.1b on each fabric and then he has a McData Sphereon 4500 that is ISLed to both 48000's.  Does the routing on the 48000 prevent this from being an issue?

=========================================

--->>> Should one of the ports used as ISL in fact be an EX port, the the fabrics will not merge.

--->>> If devices are shared between the fabrics the Translate Domains and LSAN zoning should be visible aswell.

How you will create here a EX_Port with the 4500 or 48000

TechHelp24
Valued Contributor

Hi TechHelp24,

I wouldn't know about the McData switch. but on the Brocade side off things you'll be using a FR4-18i blade.

External Moderator

--->>>...you'll be using a FR4-18i blade.

If's present, but it's not.

TechHelp24
Valued Contributor

Not to be blunt, but how did you figure out that TS is or isn't using FR4-18i blades or routiing on the McData switch (if that's even possible, don not know).

There's no config shown in the thread.

The only hint to routing could be TS last line "Does the routing on the 48000 prevent this from being an issue?".

But that would make the formentioned ISL an IFL if i'm not mistaken, but by using the term ISL, it would imply its one fabric.

Thus the question would be is the ISL really an ISL or an IFL?

Anyway, i've pointed out there could be another possibility, based on information given by Topic Starter.

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.