Fibre Channel (SAN)

Occasional Contributor

Mcdata 4500 casecade Brocade 4016

Hi,

We try cascade Mcdata 4500 firmware 9.01.00 and Brocade 4016 v5.0.5 but it fail if "Safe Zoning mode" enable at Mcdata, it can cascade if disable "Safe Zoning mode", is it must disable "Safe Zoning mode" ? What useful about "Safe Zoning mode", thanks.

Best regards,

Chung

External Moderator

Re: Mcdata 4500 casecade Brocade 4016

Hi,

in this case, you must disable Safe Zoning, otherview the both Switch cannot comunicate. The reason is here the Security beetwen both OS Brocade and McDATA.

--->>> What useful about "Safe Zoning mode",

Safe Zoning Mode - When Safe Zoning Mode is enabled, zone sets from

different fabrics that do not match will be prevented from merging.

Consequently, an active zone set is protected from being modified when a

switch joins a fabric.

To configure optional security features, refer to the Brocade EFCM Basic Edition User Manual

TechHelp24

TechHelp24
Occasional Contributor

Hi,

Thanks your reply. Can it re-enable "Safe Zoning mode" after zoning merge? I check the EPORT is unnormal after re-enable it. I check Bocade Fabric OS document and some skilworm must disable first and it can re-enable "Safe Zoning mode". Thanks.

Best regards,

Chung

External Moderator

--->>> I check the EPORT is unnormal after re-enable it.

You must make sure that all Fabric Parameter ( R_A_TOV, E_D_TOV, Domain ID, Interop-Mode etc.... ) are set correct, i assume this is the reason why you get unnormal after re-enable safe zoning mode.

TechHelp24
Occasional Contributor

Hi,

I mean no problem when disable "Safe Zoning mode" and it can cascade. But it would be problem when enable "Safe Zoning mode".

Best regards,

Chung

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.