Fibre Channel (SAN)

New Contributor

McData ds4700M firmware issue

We are trying to connect a new HP B-series 8/24 Blade switch (frimware 6.3.1c) to our McData (firmware 9.0.2) and from what we understand we need

to get a newer version.  I can't find it anywhere and we don't have a support contract on this switch.   Does anyone

know where we can get at least firmware 9.6.x so we can get these talking (so we can enable NPIV).

External Moderator

Re: McData ds4700M firmware issue

New Contributor

So the firmware above also works with the ds4700M? 

I apologize for being a bit hesitant but I didn't know we could get hp firmware onto our Mcdata/Brocade switch.   I did know

that HP sells brocade with some of their equipment. Is their a matrix or something that shows compatibility?  Thanks

External Moderator

--->>> I apologize for being a bit hesitant but I...

are your the opinion I would Post here a Download Link with wrong or Incompatible FW ?

TechHelp24
New Contributor

I'm NOT doubting you I just need to make sure as that is one of the main switches between our Data Center aisles..

It would really suck if I did the firmware upgrade and downed a whole row of servers   (yipes).

Thanks!

External Moderator

Brocade / McDATA FW are unique and the same as by the OEM like IBM, HP, EMC and all other OEM.

Generally, before you begin with FW Upgrade have to check and make sure that all connected Devide, HBA, Array, etc, are compatible by Drivers and FW.

Several Compatibility Matrix are for Download Available, under Matrices

http://www.brocade.com/solutions-technology/technology/compatibility/index.page

TechHelp24

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.

vADC is now Pulse Secure
Download FREE NVMe eBook