Fibre Channel (SAN)

N/A

May FC-switch 6505 (FOS 7.1.0.A) join a fabric running on FOS 6.4.3.b?

Hello,

after reading a lot of documentation I would try to get some help here.

I would like to ask if a 6505 switch running on fos 7.1.0a may join a running fabric, concerning of two 4100 and two 5100, all four running on fos 6.4.3b?

The connection will be done between the 6505  and the 5100, using 8 GBit connectors.

Best regards

Andreas Weis

Valued Contributor

Re: May FC-switch 6505 (FOS 7.1.0.A) join a fabric running on FOS 6.4.3.b?

Hi there,

You will not have any problems in connecting a 6505 to the existing fabric. Those switchs models and FOS releases should co-exist in the same fabric without issues.

Rgds,

F

Contributor

Re: May FC-switch 6505 (FOS 7.1.0.A) join a fabric running on FOS 6.4.3.b?

Hi Andreas,

I would say follow the best practices which doesn't mean that it will not work but sometimes having different FOS within fabric can cause bugs to vindicate that kind of design , Why can't you upgrade the FOS on other switches, I believe it is non-disruptive but two hop upgrade if I remember correct.If you have any issues in future, the first thing brocade will ask you is - Upgrade other switches for sure, there can be other reasons like the way portcfgfillword works on different FOS , Please check and follow best practices whenever possible.

Cheers

RB

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.

Click to Register
Download FREE NVMe eBook