Fibre Channel (SAN)

N/A

Managing SAN switches from datacenters across WAN via a BNA

Hi,

My org has four data centers, each having multiple Brocade fabric which are "mostly" isolated from each other. Distance between primary DC and secondary DC is little less than 5km (campus FC network), distance between primary DC and remaining DCs varies from 50km to 300km (dedicated WAN connectivity). SAN switches from these DCs are discovered in a BNA. We are exploring whether we can use manage/monitor all these switches via BNA's CIMOM from a 3rd-party Storage Resource Management product. I would like to know if there any recommendation from Brocade and known limitations. Please help me out.

Thanks a lot.

Contributor

Re: Managing SAN switches from datacenters across WAN via a BNA

Sushobhan,

Generally speaking your configuration looks good. BNA can handle approximately 120-200 ms round trip latency between BNA server and the managed switches. This may or may not be a problem for your switches that are 300km away. There are a variety of tools / partners utilizing the CIMOM gateway. Recommendations would be specific to each of these products. What management / monitoring are you trying to achieve with the third party product via CIMOM?

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.

vADC is now Pulse Secure
Download FREE NVMe eBook