Fibre Channel (SAN)

Contributor

Loopback Port Type

I have a MPX 110 switch connected to port 5 on 2 brocades (the 2nd being the failover).

I just noticed on the 2nd brocade the port type states Loopback->5. The 1st Brocade shows L-Port.

Port#      Port Id      Port Name         Port Type          Speed (Gb/s) Port Status Health 
5(0x5) 0x0B0500 MPX110-FCIP       L-Port                 N2                   Online     Unmonitored 
5(0x5) 0x150500 MPX110-FCIP    Loopback->5         N2                   Online     Unmonitored  

What is this loopback type referring to? Is there something I need to configure or change on the port side?

thank you!

Contributor

Re: Loopback Port Type

Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thank you.

so I need to execute the following commands on my mpx110 switch to configure the ports where MPX110 is connected as Gport and enable ISL mode?

B-Switch# switchdisable
B-Switch# iodset
B-Switch# aptpolicy 1
B-Switch# portcfgislmode 5,1 (5 being the port the FCIP gateway is plugged into)
B-Switch# portcfggport 5,1
B-Switch# switchenable

Do I do this on both my mpx110 locations (local and remote) or just local?

thank you.

Contributor

I have portdisabled and portenabled on my brocade and the status went from loopback to In_Sync however on my mpx110 it still states

FCIP Link Status                              Down

what could the issue be?

Contributor

In this case, I would recommend to contact product vendor.

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.

Click to Register
Download FREE NVMe eBook