Fibre Channel (SAN)

Occasional Contributor

License question Brocade 300 and Cisco Fabric Interconnect

Hello,

I have read some different discussions here about connectiong Cisco FI and Brocade 300, the only thing it seems to be is that NPIV should be enabled on the ports in the Brocade switch. And that it should be licensed.

The question is, is there a specific license for NPIV ? or is it included in the fabric license? I cannot find any information about that.

Br

Henrik

Super Contributor

Re: License question Brocade 300 and Cisco Fabric Interconnect

Hello henrik.bergfors.  NPIV is an included feature in the base FOS offering.  You can use the portCfgNPIVPort command to enable on a port.   Additionally, I may have some specifics for you regarding interconnect with Cisco using NPIV.  I'll re-post shortly...

Regards,

Mike Eversole
Brocade Community Manager
Occasional Contributor

Thank you meversol for the answer, so it will not require aditional license and no more cost.

Reguarding the specifics you meantion above. What is that you are thinking about. Do you have these for me?

Br

Henrik

Super Contributor

Hi henrik.bergfors.  Sorry for the delay.  I got distracted and forgot.    What is the full model number of the Cisco device you are planning on using?  I'll look it up right now...

Regards,

Mike Eversole
Occasional Contributor

Hello, thank you.

It is a Cisco UCS 6296UP 96-Port Fabric Interconnect or a smaller model, we have not decided there yet.

Super Contributor

For Cisco UCS, you will configure it in End-Host Mode (NPV).  The only thing to be aware of, when connecting to to the 300, Cisco's F_port trunking and Channeling are not support and the links will not come up.

Regards,

Mike Eversole
Occasional Contributor

Thank you for the helt meversol.

Super Contributor

Glad to help henrik.bergfors!

Regards,

Mike Eversole

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.

vADC is now Pulse Secure
Download FREE NVMe eBook