Fibre Channel (SAN)

Contributor

Issues while upgrading from 6.4.3d to 7.2.1d though INA(IBM Network Advisory)

Hello All

We have SAN40B-4(Brocade 5100) in our environment. Current these switches are running on 6.4.3d. We planned to upgrade it to 7.2.1d, so it have to cover two hopes(7.0.2e and 7.1.1c) in order to get to target version(7.2.1d).

We planned to cover all hops in one action.

We are upgrading the switches from INA(IBM network advisory - firmware version - 12.1.5). But somehow upgrade went successful till first hop(7.0.2e) but when i select next upgrade version(7.1.1c) and click on download it won't go though. I tried to select "over current version" option and then try to download still no luck.

So anyone has any idea what could be the issue?

New Contributor

Re: Issues while upgrading from 6.4.3d to 7.2.1d though INA(IBM Network Advisory)

The GUI upgrade (whether WebTools or Network Advisory) has never been a strong point for Brocade.  I have had to resort to the switch CLI.  can I suggest you use the CLI in preference to the GUI.  I would also suggest you monitor the nameserver output to verify the number of active connections.  I have lost connectivity during a recent upgrade.   In terms of what is causing the problem, log a call with IBM. 

Frequent Contributor

Re: Issues while upgrading from 6.4.3d to 7.2.1d though INA(IBM Network Advisory)

Hi!!

Have you tried to download the firmware again from brocade website and attach to the ina/bna repository ?

Does any message appears to the target switch's errdump/raslog?

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.

vADC is now Pulse Secure
Download FREE NVMe eBook