Fibre Channel (SAN)

New Contributor

Interop mode 3 between Brocade 5000 and cisco MDS switch :propagation Zone Fail

hello

i have 2 fabrics with for each one a DS5000 ( Brocade OEM) 16 port and CISCO MDS switch for Ibm blade center.

With FOS 6.01a for the 5000B who is the principal and SAN OS 3.1(3a) for the Cisco, i use the Interope Mode 3 on the cisco, so my DS5000 is not altered ( core PID enabled)

When i create or change my config zone on the DS5000, there is not propagation to the cisco !

if i make a "shut/no shut" for the ISL port on the cisco ( ext0) i have this message

PORT-5-IF_DOWN_ZONE_MERGE_FAILURE_ISOLATION: %$VSAN 1%$ Interface ext0 is down (Isolation due to zone merge failure

after i enable the port with "zone merge interface ext0 import vsan 1" and i get a correct new zoneset ..

but i can not stop my fabric for besure to propagate a zone change on my principal swith

someone has an idea ?

thanks

Pascal

External Moderator

Re: Interop mode 3 between Brocade 5000 and cisco MDS switch :propagation Zone Fail

Pascal,

i have my doubt that SAN-OS rel 3.1.x work with FOS 6.x

Only FabOS v5.3.0b is Certified by Cisco with SAN-OS 3.2.x and 3.3.x

Interop Matrix is Attached.

TechHelp24

TechHelp24
New Contributor

Re: Interop mode 3 between Brocade 5000 and cisco MDS switch :propagation Zone Fail

Hi

i check this file . so i can not find my Brocade Switch Model ( 5000) but, wihtout take this, i have the SAN OS 3.1 (3a) version ( i think to upgrade) and for FOS 5.3.0b we need what you tell, SAN OS 3.2.x and 3.3.x ..

and i don't have..

Interop Matrix from EMC ( OEM brocade) and Cisco are not the same !!

thank you ..

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.

vADC is now Pulse Secure
Download FREE NVMe eBook