Fibre Channel (SAN)

Occasional Contributor

Installing bfm 5.2.0a on Linux (Fedora 8)

Since this was a far from easy install, I thought I would share the procedure in case someone else need it.# rm -rf /tmp/install.dir.<BR><BR>Now, run the fixed installer from the command line in debug mode, as we need the debug output in order to time the next fixes correctly.<BR><BR># LAX_DEBUG=1 /var/tmp/Install.bin<BR><BR>At this point I should have had the exact output from the installer script, but my buffer in the terminal window was too small. Sorry.<BR><BR>The next bug is one in the jre that gets installed. This version of the jre does something weird with libraries if it finds support for XINERAMA. This will result in a crash for apps that use AWT, it seems. The simple fix is again to edit a binary file and make it look for a non-existant extension instead of XINERAMA.<BR><BR>Look at the debug output. There will be several stages of unpacking the jre that will later be used to run the graphical installer. Once unpacking and installation of this temporary jre is done, and you see from the debug output that data files are being unpacked, run<BR><BR># sed -i 's/XINERAMA/FAKEEXTN/g' /tmp/install.dir./Linux/resource/jre/lib/i386/xawt/libmawt.so

Occasional Contributor

Re: Installing bfm 5.2.0a on Linux (Fedora 8)

One more fix./etc/init.d/fmftpserver points to /opt/FabricManager/server/bin/fmftpctl while it should point to /opt/FabricManager/fmftp/ftp/fmftpctl (at least that is where it installs fmftpctl)

External Moderator

All the Bug's you assuming and list here, are in they Linux Config/Installation.I'am me Very sure!

TechHelp24
Occasional Contributor

The first bug (LD_ASSUME_KERNEL) is a known bug in InstallAnywhere on linux.birger

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.

vADC is now Pulse Secure
Download FREE NVMe eBook