Fibre Channel (SAN)

Highlighted

If reset factory default all license in brocade 6505 will gone?

Dear all, please advise
If reset factory default all license in brocade 6505 will gone?
If delete port license wrongly, how can I get it back?

Broadcom Moderator

Re: If reset factory default all license in brocade 6505 will gone?

Hi Hsann,

per FOS 7.4 CLI manaul - not sure which version of FOS you are using - the configdefault does not remove the licenses keys.

if you talk about the commands to clean out to factory state, then you loose your licenses, oem settings, etc. 

Or using something like firmwarecleaninstall, you loose the licenes, too. So take a backup (or supportsave) before.

I general, I would advise to run a configupload of the configuration before cleaning out the data just in case:

http://www.brocade.com/content/html/en/command-reference-guide/fos-741-commandref/commands_a_z.5.055.html

configDefault - Resets the nonpersistent configuration data to factory defaults.

This command resets nonpersistent configuration parameters only. The following parameters are not affected by this command:

1. Ethernet MAC address, IP address, subnet mask, and boot ROM parameters
  2. IP gateway address
  3. License keys
  4. OEM customization
  5. Product ID and Vendor ID
  6. SNMP configuration
  7. System name
  8. Chassis name
  9. World wide name
  10. Zoning configuration (includes aliases, zones, and configurations)
  11. Security parameters and policies
  12. User account passwords (includes all user configuration and all built-in accounts)
  13. Switch PID format
  14. Ethernet Link Mode

this is for the configDefault as admin. 

If this provided you with a solution to this issue, please mark it with the button at the bottom "Accept as solution".

Any and all information provided by me is not reviewed, approved or endorsed by Brocade and is provided solely as a convenience for Brocade customers. All systems and all networks are different and unique. If you have a service affecting network problem, please open a TAC service request for service through Brocade, or through your OEM equipment provider. If this provided you with a solution to this issue, please mark it with the button at the bottom "Accept as solution"

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.

vADC is now Pulse Secure
Download FREE NVMe eBook